hardy3
1933: Works Progress Administration builds Hardy, Key, Stoddert and Mann Elementary Schools

1972: The Hardy building is converted to a middle school

1996: The Hardy Middle School moves to its current location on Wisconsin Avenue

1998: Rock Creek International School (RCIS) begins leasing the Old Hardy building with a ten-year initial lease term and the option of three five-year lease extensions

2008: RCIS declares bankruptcy, Lab School of Washington assumes lease

2017: The Palisades Citizens’ Association and Key Elementary Parent Teacher Organization pass unanimous resolutions in support of returning the old Hardy School to DCPS service

2019: The Glover Park Citizens' Association passes a resolution supporting the return of the Hardy building to public school use.

2023: The final five-year lease extension option expires